Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bee Caves Loop- Great Ride!

A good ride this morning! Team Turtle was out in force, with C as the ride leader and enforcer of the No Drop Rule. Yes, really. A T3 ride that was No Drop. I must say, most of the time I am dropped within the first mile, so a ride where I wouldn't be out on the road on my own! Fantastic!


And it was a beautiful day- the sun was out, and it warmed up to about 50 by noon. There were a ton of cyclists out enjoying the day too, so that was pretty cool. There was a group of five of us that stuck together, and even though I still was the caboose, they would stop at regular intervals to regroup. So that was nice, but it did add a lot more time. It was 32 miles in about 3.5 hours. So that sounds really slow, but I felt really strong. The hills were a little tough, William Cannon, 71, and Southwest Parkway all have long hills. And really, it's the long, gradual hill that kills me. Short hills are usually part of rollers, and the downhill can really help me get up the uphill. But false flats, which are just really really gradual hills, are awful. You think you should be able to make some progress, but you can't.


All in all, a beautiful day for a bike ride!

No comments: