Sunday, March 7, 2010

Good run before the rains

After going to bed at 7 pm last night, I was up at 5 am. That was about 9 hours of real sleep, if you consider reading before I actually went to sleep, and then lazing about before actually getting up. Fantastic!


Not particularly sore, just more overall tired. I waited for daylight before going out for a long run. I had wanted 10, but wound up with 9 before it started raining and decided that was good enough. I have a new route that goes out to Westgate, but I haven't figured out the connections over to Stassney- most of the neighborhoods are all just big interconnected cul de sacs. But it's nice to explore new areas, and there are good rest stops- Starbucks, Newflower, and gas stations every 2-3 miles at least.


So a big training weekend, and I feel good. I think that might be part of the improvement as well. I can do the big stuff and it doesn't kill me like it used to. Now I don't think I'll be doing my long runs before work any time soon (like fellow T3er Sparkle) but I can do them in the morning and still have time to run errands and do stuff around the house.