Saturday, May 2, 2009

The computer is dead, long live the computer

My 2005 HP laptop died last week- the screen went out, and while I could hear the motor whirring, I couldn't see anything. I took it in, and the said 7-10 days before they could look at it. So this past week I've been using computers at work, at Kinko's, at the library, and finally gave in and bought a bottom level Toshiba. I don't need bells and whistles, only internet, word, and excel. I am hoping I can use the old computer as a backup, if it is fixable, otherwise, I hope I can get my pictures, and documents off of there. Remember that thing about doing periodic backups? Right...

1 comment:

KB said...

Do you have an iPhone yet? I think I might want one...Basic internet, phone, GPS and mobile Facebook. What more to ask for?