Sunday, November 29, 2009

IMAZ Spectator Report, Part 1


I went to Tempe, Arizona last weekend to watch Ironman Arizona, volunteer, and sign up for 2010. It was an incredible experience. This will be part 1 in a 10 part series. Yes 10! There is so much to cover, from the details of the race, to planning about next year, plus the ~28 hours I spent in my car, thinking.



So the first leg of the trip started on Thursday before last. I left Austin for Dallas, for a brief visit with my parents and older sister, and to leave the Spazdog with them for the trip to Arizona. My family is going through a particularly difficult period right now, and it was just about as crazy as I've ever seen it. I love them, and I want to be supportive, but it was just overwhelming. I won't go into details here, but I was very happy to get on the road the next day and get away from it all as early as possible.

For tomorrow, the drive to Tempe...

No comments: