Sunday, April 11, 2010

400s on the track

After months of asking for morning run workouts, T3 has finally done it. They have a new coach Lesley, that is doing Tuesdays at the trail and Thursdays on the track. So far it's been 4-10 people only, but it's only been a week. So I was surprised on Thursday: I had a personal coach for track practice- everyone else slept in! Coach Charles was subbing for Lesley and he had a lot of good suggestions for me, and it was a really good to get feedback since I haven't done much speedwork.

And it turns out I can run faster than I think I can! Based on my mile times, I was supposed to do 3:30 per 400, and my first one I did 2:30. And after working on breathing steadily, being even throughout the lap, and pacing, I was consistently going 2:45. I did 7 of them with resting 2 minutes between, and it was great.

Of course, my legs were trashed for the next 2 days, but it was worth it!

No comments: