Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Track Workout

Where I live, it's 100 degrees at 5 pm. When is track practice? 5 pm. No shade. Very little breeze. Why? Why do they schedule an intense workout at the hottest time of the day, at just about the hottest place? I didn't want to go, and had decided against it. And then I got bored. My work schedule right now is very light. I have more time than I know what to do with and it kills me. I could be doing important things, I could have more things to do than I have time for, and really, I have things to do, they're just not the things I want to do. Sure there's always cleaning, and lawn mowing, and those sorts of things. But the fun things, or even the halfway decent things- not enough.

So I went to track practice and just about died. Luckily the coach tonight was aware that there were a bunch of newly joined members, and we did a modified workout. But it was still 100 degrees, and we did an hour of running and then core exercises afterwards. I'm in the best shape of my life right now from the Olympic distance triathlon training, but I'm still overweight, and the rest of the group is really super fit. And as intimidating as that is, I don't think I'd like it if everyone was shlubby and fat. I'm working towards being like them, and the training must work if that's the result!

No comments: