Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week #4 Longhorn Training

Week #4 Longhorn Training

Swim 2; actual 1.25

Bike 3.5; 3.25

Run 3; 2.25

Core 1; 0.75

Total 9.5; 7.5

Long bike 30-40; 36.5 Parmer with The Girls

Long run 7; none, longest run ~4 miles

Ugh. Did not get the training in this week, and I slacked because it was the rest week, so I figured I could just rest. But really, I was supposed to do 9.5 hours. And of course, it's only 4 pm, so I could go do a swim-run brick tonight. But I did a 3 hour ride this morning. And the issue is not whether I can jam in the training at the last minute, but can I be consistent and do the training in the way that will help me progess and change and improve.


I am looking forward to the coming weeks, my schedule is getting better and better, and I am going to have more time to train at convenient hours. I am also looking forward to some bike rides, though I am debating how much I want to do the T3 rides versus supported charity rides. I am looking at the Mamma Jamma, plus the La Vernia Hammerfest, but aside from those, there are rides almost every Saturday and Sunday across Texas. But I guess part of the question is where the ride is located and how long it will take to get there. But they all look like fun to me!


9:30 pm update- I did go for a run and did some core and stretching afterwards for a total of 1.75, so a total of 9.25 for the week. I feel much better getting closer to the goal, and hopefully next week I won't leave it for the last minute! I'm also trying out the 1:1 run:walk interval, and I'm liking it a lot!

No comments: