Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I heart Barton Springs

I am supposed to start adding a 2000 m open water swim (OWS) once a week, starting this week. I discovered last night, after my almost 7 m run on the Town Lake Trail, that Barton Springs is almost empty at 8 pm, until the free swim starts at 9 pm. And because I have my city employee badge, I can get in for free. So last night, after the run, I went to soak and do a little "ice" bath afterwards, which always feels pretty awesome. So tonight, I went back for the swim. It wasn't that crowded at all, and I felt pretty good through about 1200 m, and then just completely lost motivation and stopped. I think I'm still a little pooped from the hard effort, but also some days are just off. That's okay. You don't always have to be perfect, you just have to be present.

1 comment:

everybody's entitled said...

I think you are pretty perfect! And dedicated to a hard goal.