Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Race anxiety

Lonestar is on Sunday. I do not feel ready at all. And after the sluggish and painful Capitol 10k this past Sunday, I'm even more worried. I even emailed the race director to ask if it was too late to switch to the sprint, and yes, it is too late. I did talk to my coach, and he seemed to think that I should just go for it, I'm probably more ready than I think I am this early in the season. I did have a pretty good core/spin/run brick tonight, so that made me feel a little bit better. My legs felt better 10 minutes after a 90 minute core/spin session than they did for the Cap 10k, so that's something. And I'm getting to know more T3ers each time I go to practice. Hmm, that's a thought, go to practice and maybe you'll feel more prepared! I just don't know where the time went! And of course, I really don't want to blink and it's suddenly September and I'm in the same spot for Longhorn, so I'm going to meet with my coach for a little sit down tomorrow.

In other news, taxes are almost done, though ouch! And the garden is taking shape- I will try to get some pictures to post on Thursday.

No comments: