Sunday, June 21, 2009

60+ T3ers In Coeur d'Alene Ironman

60+ T3ers in Coeur d'Alene Ironman, and I'm tracking them on www.ironmanlive.com and www.ironplan.net which are great. The problem is not having the background. I get the times, and can tell that people are staying steady, or went out too fast on the bike and now are slowing, but I can't tell what happened to the two women who started the swim and now don't have any bike splits. Did they quit? Did they lose the chips? Bike wreck? I want to know what's going on! It almost makes me want to go sign up for twitter because a number of them have friends and family posting twitter updates. Almost.


It is exciting to see these teammates take the race on. This is the first group I've followed through training from the beginning- all the daily struggles and successes. And now seeing them compete is fantastic and it gets me all excited about my future races. If I hadn't already biked twice this weekend, I would go get on my bike right now!

1 comment:

everybody's entitled said...

Go do Twitter! I did and have one follower - Frances!