Monday, January 12, 2009

10 mile Town Lake loop PR!

2:41:14! It's the first time I've done the loop all the way around, so it has to be a PR. I meant to do the long run Sunday afternoon, but after too much spaghetti and garlic bread at lunch, which required three hours to nap it off, I ran out of time. So this morning, got up and got it done first thing.

It was perfect weather- around 40 degrees to start and sunny, and warmed up to around 55 by the time I was done. And I discovered that the mile markers start at Congress and go clockwise, which is where I started and the direction I went- so perfect! The only problem with Town Lake is the crushed granite has a severe affinity for getting inside my shoes. I'm sure it has to do with my shuffling gait, but there is always a tiny pebble in at least one shoe at all times, even when I empty and brush them out every mile. Very irritating! I think the only solution would be gaiters, but I can't imagine those are very comfortable.

Finished and went home and made the Thundercloud Subs Chocolate Wave shake- 1 cup fat free frozen yogurt, 1 banana, 1/2 c milk, Hershey's chocolate syrup, and I add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder. Blender it up- delicious! And I avoided the post exercise "I deserve chips and queso" so that's the best part of it!

1 comment:

everybody's entitled said...

Hello! I just found your blog!

Very impressive!