Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Post PR Pppfffffs

So after the excitement of Sunday, and then a visit from my dad here on business which entailed much good food, I'm still eating like I just ran a big race. I can totally go for the immediate post race food- a big breakfast or burger and fries or whatever- "I deserve it, right!" But now it's Wednesday, and I'm eating pizza, brownies, and frito pie (with homemade chili, be impressed!) though not all at the same meal- talk about indigestion!

And I'm still a little sore and stiff, even after a massage and daily stretching and rollering. It really throws me off to not have regular workouts, though I tried to run with Dad on Tuesday morning and there was no movement faster than a shuffle. My left hamstring in particular said no. So that's not a winning combination- more food and less exercise. I need to get back on track, though with more work, a ski trip, and other stuff going on, it doesn't look too smooth for the next couple of weeks. But all I can do is all I can do, and that has to be good enough for now.

No comments: